When Krylon® came to Marcus Thomas to introduce the brand’s new ColorMaster™ with durable Covermax® technology spray paint, we knew we’d need to highlight the product’s new EZ Touch 360◦® Dial Spray Tip, its longer recoat window and shorter dry times, but we also knew we’d better come with a boatload of project content. And an attractive handyperson. But if all we did was generate projects, we’d still need to drive an audience to the projects – and money was tight.
What if we launch Krylon ColorMaster by creating projects for Crafters and DIYers, assisted by bloggers, and produce it as a live social event? A show, tell and share strategy. Even better – what if we make it a live event that demonstrates Krylon’s 360◦ tip, longer recoat window, great colors and quick dry times?
If you can demonstrate the benefits of a new product, it’s a good launch. Produce lots of great project video content too and you’ve got a winner on your hands. Generate nearly 190.5 million impressions (and counting) while you’re doing it, and you’ve got a social media grand slam.
Results by the numbers:
In 11 days, from tease to the completion of its 24th project, the Krylon ColorMaster Challenge garnered an estimated 190.5 million total impressions, including:
• 700,000+ minutes video watched
• 14 minutes average viewing time
• 17.9 million paid impressions
• 6.3 million social media impressions
• 11.9 million SMT impressions
• 60,000 visits to the campaign microsite
• 6,100 projects viewed
• 2,500 project downloads
• 26 videos created for future use on the brand-owned YouTube channel
• Secured coverage on nationally syndicated TV programs, airing in more than 400 markets, including “The Daily Buzz” and “NewsWatch”
• Additional news coverage seen in Crain’s Cleveland Business, National Hardware Show Industry Edge and Marketing Daily
• Highlighted in Bulldog Reporter, “Content Marketing for Social Media: 2013’s Top Digital/Social Agency Shares Its Most Successful Content Model of the Year”