Job Department – People
Marcus Thomas is an agency with the deepest digital, social and creative teams in its weight class. But when it comes to our people, we’re a happy band of “commanders of the impossible.” Don’t tell us it can’t be done – we’ll always prove you wrong!
Reports to: CEO
The Senior Talent Manager works proactively across all communities of practice to identify staffing needs, manage full-cycle recruitment, and build and maintain industry partnerships to ensure that Marcus Thomas is attracting and retaining top talent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General and Creative Recruitment:
- Act as the full-cycle recruiting lead on all department talent acquisition needs (develop hiring brief, source candidates, resume reviews, phone screens, team interview coordination, debrief and closing hires). Aid in relocation when applicable.
- Review portfolios for creative hires.
- Manage applicant tracking system (JazzHR) for North America and LATAM.
- Pipeline candidates for future roles, with a focus on diverse candidates; aim for 2-4 weekly.
- Create and iterate training materials in partnership with Director of People for developing hiring managers and interviewees into confident and equitable members in the hiring process.
- Stay on the forefront of innovative hiring practices.
- Establish and maintain relationships with colleges, portfolio centers and institutions that focus on design, marketing and technology.
- Attend annual career fairs at target schools.
- Conduct organic outreach to target universities and portfolio schools for informational sessions to develop personal relationships.
- Partner with the Chief Operations Officer on freelance hires; maintain our database of contract talent.
- Maintain talent data and insights into agency hiring practices.
- Manage summer (and new quarterly) intern program, from hiring to creating a development plan for each intern, in partnership with managers.
- Meet weekly with intern managers to ensure interns are engaged and gaining as much knowledge and experience from the agency as possible.
- Meet with interns and intern managers to gain feedback on experience and how to optimize for future programs.
- Manage relationships with key industry partners: MAIP, The One Club for Creativity, Marcus Graham Project, Bridge the Gap, MimConnect, Gradient Group, AIR: Allies in Recruiting, etc.
- Speak at university and industry events as applicable.
- Partner with Director of D&I in leading the agency’s diversity recruitment efforts, with a goal of increasing hires of color 30% Year over Year
- Partner with CoP leads and hiring managers to inform perspectives on talent evaluation in order to further expand the types of talent the agency is attracting and retaining.
- Position Marcus Thomas as a top workplace locally, regionally and nationally through equitable hiring practices, ongoing learning and development opportunities, and an inclusive culture.
- Develop a candidate experience that meets all people where they are, ensuring that all processes, procedures and protocols are equitable, inclusive and sustainable.
- Minimum 4+ years recruiting experience; marketing/advertising recruiting an added plus.
- Strong initiative – proactive self-starter with ability to work independently, under little supervision.
- Excellent writing and strong/persuasive presentation skills
- Strong strategic planning skills.
- Leadership qualities and influence within the agency and in the industry.